Meeting Minutes & Agendas
Township Clerk: Maureen Huff
Phone: (847) 639-2700 X7
Fax: (847) 639-4529
Location: 3702 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014
Monthly Township Meetings Are Open to The Public
3702 US Hwy 14, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
When: The second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm
Algonquin Township Clerk
The Township Clerk is vested with many duties and responsibilities throughout the year.
- The Township Clerk is the keeper of all township records except for active General Assistance cases. The Clerk is required to keep accurate records of all Township Board meetings and maintain records of the Board’s Executive (closed) Sessions.
- During Township Board meetings the Clerk records roll call votes. (Certain questions require roll call votes, such as appointments to fill vacancies, establishing salaries, etc. Other votes can be taken by voice. Secret ballots are never permitted on any issue facing the Township Board.)
- The Clerk also serves as the local election authority and is responsible for accepting petitions concerning township elections and/or referendums. In this capacity, the Clerk is responsible for publishing or posting certain specific notices, including notices for the Road Commissioner.
- As Ex-officio Clerk of the Road District, the Township Clerk must witness bid openings for both the township and the Road District. The Clerk must countersign all Road District orders for payment prior to audit or approval by the township Board. The Clerk also delivers all approved claims for payment to the Supervisor.
- The position of Clerk is especially important as it pertains to the maintenance of records. The integrity and accuracy of the Clerk is important in any court action involving the township’s official records.
To request information, please fill out an official FOIA Request form and email, fax, or mail it to the Algonquin Township.
Meeting Minutes & Agendas
Current Board Meeting Agenda & Packet
Board Meeting Agendas
Annual Meeting Agendas
Board Meeting Minutes
Board Meeting Packets
Tax Levy Ordinances
Algonquin Township Board Meeting
3702 U.S. Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL 60014-8204
Algonquin Township is inviting you to a Zoom meeting.
When: Jan 12, 2022 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIpcO2trzIsG9EShlBxgCJzBQTp4KQ_iaei
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Monthly Meeting Agenda for January 12, 2022 (VIA Zoom Only)
7:00 pm – Call the regular meeting to order.
Pledge of Allegiance
Public Comments: Speakers are welcome to address the Board for 3 minutes.
- Amended Budget Meeting (TF) – December 8, 2021
- Monthly Meeting – December 8, 2021
- Special Meeting – December 20, 2021
- Executive Session – June 9, 2021
- Executive Session – September 8, 2021
- Executive Session – October 13, 2021
Audit of bills and Treasurer’s report:
- Town Fund
- General Assistance
- Road & Bridge Fund
- Equipment & Building
Elected Official Reports.
- Transfer of Appropriation for Township from Township Bus to Health-Life Ins./Medical Serv. in
the amount of $30,000.00.
- Transfer of Appropriation for Township from Township Bus Services to Technical Support in the
amount of $5,000.00.
Adjourn to Executive Session regarding pending litigation pursuant to Section 2(c)(11).
Any other business to come before the Board.
Adjourn the Meeting.