Property Tax Information
Assessor: Richard S. Alexander, CIAO
Phone: (847) 639-2700 X5
Fax: (847) 829-9222
Monday–Friday: 8:00 am–4:00 pm
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Richard S. Alexander, CIAO
Algonquin Township Assessor
The Assessor establishes values on all parcels of property within Algonquin Township. The Assessor does NOT levy taxes. The values determined by the Assessor are used by other government entities to levy their taxes against.
The Assessor’s responsibilities are to:
- Discover, list and value all real property in Algonquin Township
- Ensure that each property is at the statutory level of market value (33.33%)
- Assure that similar property is equitably valued
- Provide public service by teaching residents about real estate taxes, property assessments, and exemptions for which they are eligible
- Keep current records of each property (i.e. Sales records, property owner names and addresses, changes to property characteristics)
Each year, our office reviews each area of the township to determine if there are any changes to the market value based on sales within the township.