Township Citizens Services
Bingo is played on the first and third Monday of each month. Call the Supervisors office for a reservation. (847) 639-2700 X 7
Senior Service Associates
Algonquin Township Senior Transportation
Algonquin Township Senior Bus
Make reservations by calling the Highway Department at (847) 639-2700 X 6
AARP Driver Safety Classes
AARP driver safety classes for drivers 50+. Call 847-639-2700 x 7 to register.
Free Rules of the Road Books Available at the Township Office
Forms for applying for the Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze are available at the township office.
RTA Reduced Fare Pass Applications
We can prepare:
- 1040 with Schedules A, B and D
- Schedule C if no employees, no inventory, no losses or depreciation or expenses for business use of home, etc.
- Schedule EIC and EIC Worksheets
- 1099-MISC (box 7 nonemployee compensation is reported on Schedule C/CEZ)
- 1099-MISC (box 1 or 2—rents, royalties, reported on Schedule E with no expenses, depreciation)
- 1099-MISC (box 3 other income is reported on 1040 Line 21)
- 1040-ES (Estimated Payments)
- 2441 (Child & Dependent Care)
- 5405 (Repayment of FTHBC)
- 8283, Section A, Part 1—noncash contributions to charity exceed $500 but are less than $5,000
- 8606 (Nondeductible IRA) Part 1
- 8880 (Qualified Savings Credit)
- 8812 (Additional Child Tax Credit)
- 8863 (Education Credits)
- 8949 (Sale or Disposition of Assets)
- 9465 (Installment Agreement)
- 8379 (Injured Spouse)
- 1040X (Amended Returns, if trained in the tax year being amended)
- Schedule K-1 that provides information only for interest, dividends and capital gain distributions and royalties (Schedule B, D, E)
- Cancellation of Mortgage Debt—1099-A and/or1099-C and Form 982, if extended, trained and certified*
- Health Savings Accounts—1099-SA and Form 8889, if trained and certified*
We cannot prepare:
- Schedule C (Business Profit and Loss) if a loss or if expenses exceed $25,000
- Complicated Schedule D without proper paperwork (Capital Gains and Losses)
- Schedule E (Rental Property) with expenses, including depreciation (exception: returns for military members only, prepared by a counselor who has been certified to do military returns provided another military certified counselor is available to quality review the return)
- Schedule F (Farm Income)
- 2106 (Employee Business Expenses)
- 3903 (Moving Expenses)
- 8615 (Minor’s Investment Income)
- Portions of Schedules A and B that are not included in our training
- Schedule K-1 that involves depreciation or deductible expenses
- Other rental income or business income
The McHenry County Health Dept. has discontinued its water testing services. The Township has bottles available through PDC Laboratories, Inc. for water testing.
MCRide Changes for 2019
From the McHenry County Division of Transportation:
There are a number of changes slated for the MCRide program in 2019 and riders may need advanced notice to plan for these. All service changes will go into effect on January 1, 2019. Another e-blast reminder about these changes (including updated maps and brochures) will be sent closer to the end of the year.
New service areas are being added to MCRide in 2019. These include general public (“all rider”) service in Fox River Grove and three new point destinations. (A point destination is a specific location that would normally be considered outside of the general public service area. However, as a designated point destination, all riders can travel directly to or from these locations.) The new point destinations are the PADS Day Center in Woodstock, Illinois Railway Museum in Union, and Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington.
In 2019, MCRide will begin operating on Sundays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
MCRide fares will be increasing in 2019.
- General public (all riders) will pay $3.00 for the first 5 miles of travel and $0.25 for each additional mile.
- Seniors (over 60 years) and individuals with disabilities will pay $1.50 for the first 5 miles of travel and $0.25 for each additional mile.